Happy Memorial Day, readers! Here's hoping you're all currently enjoying a scenario like the one below today.
But if you're still looking for your dream summer read, this week's contest is for you: One lucky reader will receive a selection of stellar summer reading chosen for them by the editors of BookPage. That's right, a bag of books tailored to your reading preferences, complete with a coveted BookPage tote bag to carry them in.
You can also subscribe to BookPageXTRA for more from the BookPage editors. In next week's edition, we're sharing summer reading recommendations—don't miss them!
TO ENTER: Leave a comment describing what you like to read below. You can list favorite books, genres, authors, books—really, the more info the better.
CONTEST RULES: A winner will be chosen by random.org from among entries received by 5:00 p.m. CST on Friday, May 30. Winner will receive a set of books tailored to their interests, plus a BookPage tote bag. Prize must be shipped to a U.S. address, and Rhode Island residents are not eligible. Click the button below for the complete contest rules. Good luck!
UPDATE: Congratulations to our winner, Jill H. from Bedford, VA!
Monday contest: Summer reading
BookPage® Sweepstakes Rules
By entering the Sweepstakes, you accept and agree to be bound by the following Rules:
- No Purchase Necessary. No purchase is necessary to enter. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law.
3. Eligibility. The Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the continental United States (excluding residents of Rhode Island) who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry or have reached the age of 13 and have the consent of a parent or legal guardian at the time of entry. Residents of Rhode Island, Puerto Rico and U.S. territories or possessions are not eligible to enter to win. Employees, officers, directors, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, distributors and fulfillment agencies of the Sponsor, and respective immediate family members (defined as spouse, sibling, parent, child or grandparent and the spouses of such persons) and other persons living in their same households are not eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. The parties acknowledge that the Sponsor shall not be liable for the reimbursement of any prizes or other amounts payable to entrants who are in violation of these eligibility requirements or these Sweepstakes Rules. Any entrant who attempts to use any device, false identity or artifice to enter multiple times will automatically be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. Void in Rhode Island, Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, and where prohibited by law.
4. Sweepstakes Period. The Sweepstakes begins at 8:01 a.m. Central Standard Time on May 26, 2014 and ends at 4:59 p.m. Central Standard Time on May 30, 2014.
5. Prize Description. On June 4, Sponsor will award one prize consisting of a selection of books and a BookPage tote bag. The total value of each prize to be awarded is approximately $150.
6. Odds of Winning. Odds of becoming a winner depend on the number of eligible entries received in the Sweepstakes.
7. How to Play/Description of the Sweepstakes.
a. Entry. To enter the Sweepstakes, an entrant must either:
(i) leave a comment on the contest announcement post on The Book Case, the official blog of BookPage; or
(ii) submit an entry by mail to Sponsor at the following address: Attn: Sweepstakes Entry, 2143 Belcourt Ave. Nashville, TN 37212.
All persons who have reached the age of majority at the time of entry, or have reached the age of 13 and have the consent of a parent or legal guardian at the time of entry, will be automatically entered upon completion of the requirements above. Any entry that is illegible, inaccurate, incomplete, late or does not otherwise conform with these Sweepstakes Rules will be disqualified. All entries must be received by the Sponsors before 4:59 p.m. Central Standard Time on May 30, 2014.
b. Winner Selection. The prize drawings will be made from all eligible entries. Sponsor will choose one winning entry by random drawing. Sponsor will notify the winner(s) of the Sweepstakes by email or mail within twenty-four (24) hours of the drawing. If the winner fails to comply with these Sweepstakes Rules, or is ineligible to receive a prize, the prize will be awarded to an alternate party selected by a second random drawing conducted in accordance with these Sweepstakes Rules. The Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable for failure to contact a potential prizewinner who provides incorrect or incomplete contact information. All winners may be required to submit valid identification to the Sponsor to claim a prize.
c. Affidavit/Release. If required by Sponsor, a winner (and his/her parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) must (either conventionally or electronically) provide the winner’s name and sign and return a release of liability and declaration of eligibility within fifteen (15) days of notification from Sponsor of winning a prize. Otherwise, the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate person.
d. Award of Prizes. The prize will be awarded within thirty (30) days following verification of eligibility and compliance with the terms of these Sweepstakes Rules. The Sponsor’s decisions regarding the selection of winners and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Sweepstakes Rules or in other materials related to the Sweepstakes.
8. Advertising and Promotion. By accepting a prize in the Sweepstakes, a winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) agrees that Sponsor and its designees may use winner’s name, biographical information (city and state only), picture, voice, quote, comments, image and/or likeness for the purpose of advertising or trade without further compensation in any and all media for advertising purposes. By accepting a prize, a winner (or his/her parent or legal guardian if winner is a minor) agrees that all electronically signed documents shall be of the same force and effect as if they were conventionally signed.
9. Privacy. Personally identifiable information on individual entrants will not be sold or otherwise transferred to unaffiliated third parties, but the information may be used by the Sponsor to add the entrant to Sponsor’s email list. If the entrant wishes to be removed from Sponsor’s email list, he or she may do so by submitting an opt-out request through the link provided on the bottom of an email sent by Sponsor to entrant’s registered email address.
10. Limitation of Liability. The Sponsor, its Affiliates and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents expressly disclaim and shall have no liability and will be held harmless from and against any liability, loss, injury or death to entrant or any other person, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by reason of the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize or such party’s participation in this Sweepstakes. Entrants further acknowledge that neither the Sponsor or Sponsor’s affiliates, nor any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents, has made or is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any right or prize, including, but not limited to, the value, quality, condition or fitness of any prize. All prizes are provided “as is” and Sponsor disclaims all warranties, whether express or implied with respect thereto.
a. Taxes, if any, are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
b. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted.
c. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM SUCH ENTRANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
d. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds: to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; acting in violation of the Sponsor website terms and conditions; or acting in a disruptive, annoying, abusive, threatening or harassing manner to any other person. Without limitation, any use of software or hardware to automate entries is prohibited and will subject such user to disqualification.
e. Sponsor reserves the right, without prior notice and at any time, to terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in any way, if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Sweepstakes is impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions have destroyed or undermined the proper play, integrity, and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes.
f. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Sweepstakes Rules or the rights and obligations of the participant or Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Tennessee without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other state or federal laws. Any action arising out of the Sweepstakes shall be filed in the United States District Court of record for Davidson County, Tennessee and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such court for all purposes in connection with these Sweepstakes Rules and the Sweepstakes.
12. Notification of Winner. To receive the name of the official prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to May 26 Summer Reading Sweepstakes – WINNER LIST – BookPage, 2143 Belcourt Ave. Nashville, TN 37212.