The National Book Foundation continues their rollout of this year's contenders for the National Book Award with the longlist of books in the nonfiction category:
• Finding Florida: The True Story of the Sunshine State by T.D. Allman
• Facing the Wave: A Journey in the Wake of the Tsunami by Gretel Ehrlich
• The Wolf and the Watchman: A Father, a Son, and the CIA by Scott C. Johnson
• Hitler’s Furies: German Women in the Nazi Killing Fields by Wendy Lower
• The Unwinding: An Inner History of the New America by George Packer
• The Internal Enemy: Slavery and War in Virginia, 1772-1832 by Alan Taylor
• Duke: A Life of Duke Ellington by Terry Teachout
• Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief by Lawrence Wright
The fiction longlist will be announced tomorrow. (Check out the books up for the children's award here.) Shortlists will be revealed on October 16, with the winners announced at a ceremony on November 20.
Which book are you rooting for?