The unveiling of our Top 40 list continues this week with books 21-25. From a biography of our first president to a biography of cancer, from a novel about the ravages of war to a novel about the beauty of mathematics, these five selections wowed our reviewers and our staff.
[gallery columns="5" orderby="ID"]
21. Washington: A Life by Ron Chernow (Knopf, November 2010)
22. The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall (Norton, March 2010)
23. The Emperor of All Maladies by Siddhartha Mukherjee (Scribner, November 2010)
24. The Surrendered by Chang-rae Lee (Riverhead, February 2010)
25. The Solitude of Prime Numbers by Paolo Giordano (Viking, April 2010)