So this morning, we asked you to tell us what YOUR favorite book of 2011 was. Now, we're kicking off our "Best Books of 2011" coverage by sharing books #31-#50 from our Top 50 Books of 2011 list. In a year of best-selling biographies, anticipated debuts and long-awaited releases from literary heavyweights, our editors voted on the books they loved to come up with a list that encompasses all of the above while making room for a few surprises.
Let us know what you think of our selections—share your own with us—and stay tuned as we reveal more titles from the list over the coming weeks, leading up to the publication of the Top 10 books in our December issue.
31. The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh
32. Blueprints for Building Better Girls by Elissa Schappell
33. To End All Wars by Adam Hochschild
34. The Night Strangers by Chris Bohjalian
35. Great Soul by Joseph Lelyveld
36. The Weird Sisters by Eleanor Brown
37. Maine by J. Courtney Sullivan
38. A Jane Austen Education by William Deresiewicz
39. West of Here by Jonathan Evison
40. Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson
41. The Realm of Hungry Spirits by Lorraine Lopez
42. Irma Voth by Miriam Toews
43. Blood, Bones and Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton
44. The Illumination by Kevin Brockmeier
45. The Two Deaths of Daniel Hayes by Marcus Sakey
46. The Paris Wife by Paula McLain
47. A Covert Affair by Jennet Conant
48. The Memory Palace by Mira Bartok
49. Fiction Ruined My Family by Jeanne Darst
50. My New American Life by Francine Prose
What was your favorite book of 2011? Tell us, and you'll be entered to win 10 books in the genre of your choice.